Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Huge, Huge Step...

Yesterday, Tim moved to a major town a hour away from home... He has moved there for three months. He has his own fully supported unit and will learn to find his way around, budget, shop, cook, pay for bills and a whole lot of other things. He gets this fantastic opportunity to practice run at having his own place. How blessed is he... 

The journey he is now on will be incredible. He will also come to see what a fantastic opportunity this really is. Yes, he's missing us at the moment and the house feels strange without him and his noises. Yet, he will learn so much... What a fantastic growing time this is for him and for us too...

I'm so looking forward to the journey he's going to go on. I pray his support staff will be kind and understanding. I pray that he brings across his dreams and wants and gets the chances to explore...

This is also a huge journey for the rest of us... Since preschool, I've been there to champion him, push and sometimes fight for the help that he has needed... Now, I can't do anything really. I feel helpless, yet know that I have just about done all I can. It is now up to him. I am always at the other end of the phone :) We will also regularly visit him. His confidence must grow a great deal and I'm sure that it will... I am so proud of Tim. He has come so very far... You Rock, Tim!!!

Blessings,


His kitchen...


The hallway...


The computer is up and running...


Tim seeing us off...

No comments: