Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Early days...

Last year, I watched ABC’s series called War on Waste... It changed my life. Last week, my family and I watched The Plastic Ocean... It changed my family’s life... 

All four of us have been on a journey since to find non plastic options for everyday living. It’s a change in thinking though easy to start. We now have mesh bags for fruit and vegies. We also have stainless steel straws instead of plastic. When I went on a date with my youngest last Saturday, he asked for leftovers to please go into a cardboard container. Well done, mussels in Warwick, for having the option :)

When I think that all the plastic ever produced is still here in some form or another it makes me sad for my children’s and grandchildren’s future... 

Here are some of the other changes that have happened in our home in the last few weeks :)



From Plastic hair brush to wooden. Feels exactly the same just sounds a little different on my scalp.



Beeswax wraps instead of cling wrap. I still have some and will use that up and then it’s only these...



As my plastic pegs break I’m replacing them with bamboo pegs. The clip is recyclable.




Environmental friendly, toxic free and fragrance free cleaning replaces all my current cleaning products.



We have changed our toilet paper...



Had to keep paper towels so we get these ones now. Win, win!



Once my battery operated plastic toothbrush stops working it will be replaced with my bamboo toothbrush. For now I do use it for sleepovers at work :)

These are some of the small steps we have taken so far. More to come :)


No comments: