Sunday, July 22, 2018

Change in circumstances...

1st June saw me working for the last time in Disability. Working where I did will always be with me as it was a job I loved. I so didn’t want to leave though I had to. It was time. I had no choice. I was asked a few times if there was anything that could be done to change my mind and there was nothing, sadly... 

You see my health has not been the best for the last two years. In August it will be two years since I commenced getting bad headaches and migranes at times. I’ve had the CT, MRI, X-rays, everything you can think of scans done and trialed all sorts of therapies and medications. In the end the neurologist said it simply comes down to this... It may very well be hereditary and that I take on stress easily. My hand that I had operated on 3.5yrs ago has also started aching again and the pain now extends down my right thumb when I overdo any sort of work. I have my wrist in a wrap regularly and have commenced taking B12, Magnesium and Turmeric, on my Doctor’s advice. I didn’t want to take anti inflammatory medication so this is the way I am going. It seems to be working :)

Time will tell how long it will all take to get my health back on track. Until then, I will take it easy. I will do things slowly and take as long as I need. I need this body for a long time yet. 







No comments: