Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Box World... by Warren Thomas :)

An overall picture...


CD's are in the windows...


Base of the graveyard is a keyboard :)


I realise I have been away for a while. I am so sorry for that. I have been really sick and not getting onto the computer at all. Today is the first time I have been on the computer since I last posted... I have been using Russell's iPad as he has the iPad2 now and been doing allot of computer work that way. Can't post from there though... Anyway I am back and must better. Throat is still sore and nose still running but better all the time :)

So Joshua and his school went to the Warwick Art Gallery last week of term and they saw 'Box World' which is made by a Tasmanian Artist Warren Thomas. The kids even got to meet him and he answered lots of their questions...

He is quite amazing really. It has taken him 12 years and the display that we saw was only 1/3 of what he actually has built. Takes two whole days just to set it all up. Everything you see in the pictures is recycled... From cans, bottles, CD's, straws, boxes, milk cartons... you name it :) Only thing that isn't recycled are the cars... Amazing stuff. :)

We have seen it three times now and keep taking other friends to see it as well. We just love it... And what's even better is that it is free to see as well. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: