Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Been slack but here I am...



My beautiful new Swarovski Crystal Ring :)


Little Rosella Plant... It's forming buds now :)


Bailey and Nova doing their thing... lol


Lots of harvesting has been done over the last four months...


Oh boy I have been very slack... I think of the blog so often but just don't get on the computer anymore... This is the first time in months that I have sat down properly... Mainly the reason is due to me not having a computer of my own anymore... Tim has the iMac now. Russell has the iMac 2 and Josh has the Laptop... I don't need my own. I use the iPad or my phone. But from those I can't upload pictures... I might have to look into this a bit more as I would like to upload stuff as I do with Facebook...

Allot has happened since January... Josh has commenced with High School. Tim is doing exceptionally well at school. He got 13 A's and 3 B's for Effort and Behaviour last term. Josh has to pull his socks up a bit but he is only just getting used to not only homework and assignments but also having so many new different teachers.

During the last holidays we also went fossicking for the first time, for real. We packed up the family and went to Glen Innes for a week. We had a ball. NSW was not on holidays yet so we had most operators to ourselves. Many oldies around but it was lovely and quiet. :) The camper trailer did really well. We did underestimate the weather just a little and therefore were a little cold some nights. The days, though, were beautiful to say the least. Lots of Garnets, Sapphires, Black Jacks and Zircons were found...

More and more things have been put into our garden too and the herb garden especially has served us very well. Things are starting to now cool down. During the night we usually have 7-9 degrees so things are slowing down. Just hope that my Rosella will finish growing in time for me to make some jam :)

Work for me has been fantastic as last year. 1.3.12 saw me sign up for my Certificate 3 in Disability, which I am yet to start. It's all in the pipeline...

One of the guinea pigs was accidentally caught by Nova so we replaced her. She is multi coloured. I still take them up to work on a weekend which the residents just love. Am also having a ball driving the bus still. Must say that I really appreciate the way that my boss looks after not just me but all of us...

Russell is loving working at the local school... Maryvale still has him on a Tuesday and 1/2 Friday. Tough that. lol So glad that he is home and that he is also getting on board with the whole No Technology Day thing. That was hard at first but we now have Mondays and Thursdays as No Technology Days... We don't do the Low Electricity Days on Wednesday at the moment. That will probably come again when it's winter... maybe... I have a bit of resistance from Russell on that one so getting the two days no technology is great for now. Our electricity bills have been averaging $120 for the four of us, per quarter. This will be the last quarter without the new Carbon Tax that is being introduced in July. That is something that I am very concerned about and wish that it was being dealt with differently... 400 companies being charged... 400 chances (at least) to get slugged with another tax. At this point no one can tell us what it will mean for power, food, petrol, you know all the day to day living stuff. We already to as little as we possibly can and turn everything off. What else can we do but the powers that be are predicting $300 extra a year... That's a heap of money I don't want spend. Just so glad I have my panels on the roof, thinking I should have gotten more when I had the chance...

So there you have a quick update from what has been happening... Lots of work and not much else. Don't go anywhere really unless I really have to when I'm off.

Cheers Damaris

No comments: