Monday, April 29, 2013

What the??? Kefir explosion...

The glass jar that I had been using for my water kefir, mysteriously got a crack in the base, meaning I could no longer use it...

I put it in the recycling bin and went through my drawers to find another adequate container as a replacement...

I ended up with a Tupperware dish that had a larger base than the glass jar. All the liquid fits in nicely and plenty of room for burping :)

I put in all ingredients as per normal... Late this afternoon, I went to check on the grains, to see if they needed another night. I had only stirred them once after 24 hours, which was last night...

The sight that greeted me was amazing! Not only had they more than doubled in size but also in quantity! The individual grains were so large and held together really well. They certainly didn't need another night's growing!

I am shocked... The only difference from previous batches and this last one is that the area of the base is larger... Think I'm keeping this container :)

PS The chooks loved the spare grains :)

Cheers

No comments: