Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rest In Peace, Caron...

My home church pastor sadly passed away on 5.3.14 and the funeral was last Friday. I was so blessed to be let off work 1/2 hour early, though I still was 20 minutes late in the end, due to three lots of roadworks... I'm so glad I went. I'm usually strong up to the funeral but once there I'm always a mess, this time was no different...

The funeral was a lovely celebration of her life. The way she was depicted was so her... She was so loved. Nothing was too much trouble. She was only 60 years old. It was her time... She's now in no pain. She's running and dancing and singing in her off key voice :) Her grin and laughter were so contagious. Her snorting when she laughed too :)

Oh, how I miss her... Oh, how sad I am for her darlin husby, as Caron would call Peter... Oh, how devastation it has been for her four daughters and son and their families, her own siblings and mother... 

My circle will not be the same... No more dropping in for those bottomless cuppa coffees, no more prophetic words, no more visiting out where I live, no more car trips to see and hear Lynne Hamilton speak or to support her beautiful Daughter's Chaplain Fundraising Dinner, no more taking her to Bryson's or out for Chinese and have Michael whip something yummy up just for us...

It will be a new kind of normal... But never quite the same. I'm grateful for having met Caron. A mutual friend that wasn't a friend till I picked up plants from her through Freecycle and she invited me to her church... That was the beginning of a beautiful friendship, that I will Always treasure, I do wish it had lasted longer...

Goodbye for now, I'll see you soon, Caron!

Blessings,






No comments: