Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Party time...

It's that time of year again... Our local community came together and celebrated in style. Some brought food, some bought burgers or sausages and drinks that were for sale. The Progress Association looked after the main food and the P&C looked after deserts. 

There were loads of singing from the local school plus the St Albans and St Marks carol singers. My friend Sharon, her two youngest kids and her Mum Di and Dad Chris were amazing with their singing and instrument playing. Chris also read a great Aussie poem.

At 7:30pm, it was my cue to come down the road dressed as Mrs Claus. I arrived in the Rural Fire Brigade truck with my lovely driver Allan. He put on the siren and flashed the lights as we approached the Hall... The kids were beside themselves. They loved it! I was grinning from ear to ear myself. I'm usually very nervous beforehand but not bad once doing what I do ;) I would hate to disappoint any kids that's all. The adults seemed impressed too, that always helps  :)

I eventually got inside (after loads of hugging and picking up kids so they could get a closer look at me) and sat down and except for two kids, everyone just had to sit on my knee... Very cool lolly bags were handed out. All wanted their photo taken with me and by the end I had a few flashlight dots in my eyes hehe. A few kids came back for more too :) I loved it. Hope I have the honour of doing it again next year...

Blessings,


St Albans and St Marks choir...


Martin and Kerri did a fantastic job face painting all the kids...


Maryvale SS kids singing...


Sharon, Di and Chris performing...


Everyone wanted a hug...


Even the shy ones made it and had a smile once they left :)


There were long lines...


Everyone got plenty of time to talk to me... Just so loved it!!!


Tim photobombing... It really was a great turn out!

No comments: