Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Step Two...

Saturday, I get operated on on my hand...

Monday afternoon, I take a stroll outside and roll my right ankle and seriously sprain my right ankle...

Elevated for 24hrs! Still can't put any weight on it at all. Painkillers for my wrist are not even working in my ankle. Russell rings 13Health and the nurse advises ringing an ambulance and getting X-rays...

We reluctantly ring, they get me in no time and I'm at the hospital by 7:30pm. By 8:35pm, I'm on the ward for the night, waiting to have my ankle X-rayed in the morning, as I can still not out any weight on it at all...

This morning, 9am X-rays are taken. This afternoon, I'm told there is no fracture but a severe sprain. Unless I can get around by myself, they won't let me home... Me, I'm determined to go home...

Am now guarded by crutches as well as a wheelchair! My left upper leg is so sore as its getting such a workout. I'm learning to shuffle well... And at this point my ankle is more painful than my wrist! Go figure... I just hope and pray I can drive by 17.3.15, when I'm supposed to get back to work...

Note to self... Next time do it in opposites so that balancing is not so hard...  Hand clinic must be seen to on Friday with wheelchair... Should be an interesting outing...

Blessings,


My yummy lunch... Delish!


Ready for home...


My new constant companion...

No comments: