Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kefir...

You know that moment when you have something in the back of the fridge you have forgotten about? You get it out and it's all dried and yuk?

Ok, maybe not you but I have... This time it was my two containers of milk kefir. I hadn't looked at them for a while and the milk covering the grains had all but dried up and the grains were in a sad state of affairs...

Amazing just how resilient these little things are. I washed the gunk off and kept only the viable looking ones. Tossed the rest to the chooks, which they loved. The had a slimy film on them and smelled off as far as I was concerned... 

Didn't give up though. Over three days I changed the milk on them every day and this morning I tried the milk kefir. Back to smelling and tasting yummy!!!

Just as it should ;) Now I can give some to a friend tomorrow, which was the reason I got them out in the first place! ;)

Blessings,

No comments: