Wednesday, May 4, 2011

James can butter his own bread...

James buttering his own bread...

When I was staying with Margaret last time I also got to witness something most fantastic... James was after some bread to dip into his Tomato soup... All the buttered ones where gone so he got one out of the bowl that was not buttered. He made noises like he wanted it buttered...

Margaret gave him the knife with some butter on it and what do you know??? He buttered it himself, wiped the knife on the outside of the bread and tucked into it. :) First time we didn't get it on camera but we did the second time.

I felt sooooo much honour being able to witness this huge step... For this 10yr old autistic boy to do this is just so amazing to watch... Tears well up each time I just think about it...

He is such a growing boy... Learning each day... Well done Margaret for persevering... My hat goes off to you Darling... :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: