Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where does the time go...


So here we are in the middle of the year again already... July has come and gone and now we are onto August already. Shops have had their big Toy Sales around here and am glad to have not had to go anywhere near them during this time. :)

Working again has taken up allot of my time. I still do the reading at school with the kids and walking every day during the week. I have had a change in partner in crime as Fiona is not able to do this with my anymore. I now have a lovely lady called Esther. :) She is a gem and one woman of knowledge. She is a wise gem that I love to learn from...

So many things have happened in the last month that I don't really know where to start... So here goes...

Last Saturday I finally was able to sit for my First Aid/CPR test. Have been booked in for over two months and the day finally came. I didn't want to really do it as don't like tests but knew my stuff. I ended up with 48/50. Was cranky with myself as I got two wrong but not a bad result anyway. :) That is now finally over and done with...

Russell has commenced working 3 days a fortnight at Maryvale State School... He is the Administration Officer in there and loving it. He loves the variety and can't wait to properly settle in...

Russell also finishes his Brisbane job TODAY!!!! Yep, we are very excited to have him home permanently. Just the way it should be :) After today things will be rather different around here... I might only work 22-25hrs a week but with sleepovers and driving to and fro it ends up being about 40 or more hours instead. This means that we now have a total role reversal...

New charts of chores have been instigated and the boys are all doing well with those. And yes there is a list for Russell and I also so that Russell knows what to do when... He has no clue otherwise. This way the house stays nice and tidy and things run smoothly. :) I tried for four weeks to do it by myself and just couldn't with work as well...

Yep there are many changed about to happen... I can't wait what life throws at us next. :)

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Barb. said...

I know what you mean...August! I am so far behind in what I wanted to get done and now have another project started.

You sound busy, Good luck with your new routines.

Barb.