Thursday, January 17, 2013

Water Kefir...

Grew up with the Milk Kefir... Have had them here before too. Was great to use raw milk with the grains :)

My step mum gave me a heap of frozen Water Kefir Grains a few months ago. I thawed them last Friday...

Half the grains I'm using... The other half are part of an exchange for some Milk Kefir Grains that I'm picking up tomorrow from my local Health food shop. Can't wait...

My step mum got her grains from my sister in law, so I spent tonight on the phone to both of them wanting more info... There is actually not allot of direct information out there on the net. Allot of the receipes you just make up yourself...

Getting some ingredients tomorrow when I do my shopping and will see how I go :)

Can't wait for them to be fully 'awake' and start multiplying :)

Cheers

PS: I realised after taking this photo that no metal should ever touch the grains... Hope I didn't hurt them...

No comments: