Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day...

Today was my day...

I should have slept in but was awake from about 3am. Once it was light enough, I read one of my many Graham Cooke books. When hubby got up the boys at 7am, I pretended to be asleep. They knew I was pretending but I wanted those kisses on the cheek... My youngest caught on straight away, my eldest I had to request a kiss. He obliged hehe... 

When they were little, I taught them not to come in and yell their 'urgent' requests but that Mum was much more likely to listen first thing, if she was woken with a gentle kiss on her cheek... Still works, though now they usually just help themselves, or I'm already up as they are teenagers and get up... well, very late is one way to put it!

The day was spent together. First going to church, then Chinese takeaway to a local park. The weather was glorious and the breeze was light. Perfect weather and the trees are starting to turn. The maples had beautiful deep burgundy leaves.

The afternoon was spent writing down prophecies of mine, for a couple of hours and dinner consisted of waffles, pure maple syrup and ice cream.

It was a day for reflection for me also... My mum had her Mother's Day today also. I look back, especially the last few and am so thankful for her gentle guidance and advice over the years. I do wish I knew what places that advice comes from. The experiences, the joy, the hurt, the life lived through her eyes. Like with my boys, advice is sometimes hard to take but given in love all the same. I am very thankful for my Mum and love her very much... I am very grateful for who she is and that I can claim her as mine... It is a honour to pray for her and my Stepdad... I pray she's around for many more years...

Hubby's Mum is another lady that I'm so glad to have her in my life. She gave birth to my husband and without her, I wouldn't be where I am today... She's such a quiet and gentle and courageous lady and a great teacher. Plus, she makes the best house booties and hand towels :)

My Stepmum has also imparted pearls of wisdom to me over the years, for which I am very grateful. I love the prayer warrior that she is and how strong she has become over the years... She has changed allot with the Lord's help.

I realise that I have some very, very strong women in my life. I love and appreciate them more than I can put in words! I do wish that I got to see them more often... I'm glad for the phone, email, ability to txt and write. What would we do without them!

Bit more writing to be done and then off to bed. I longed for a nice and relaxing day, and I got just that... Plus loads of cuddles and kisses! Can't pray for more than that, hey? Plus there's still one IOU that didn't arrive through the mail in time! Wonder what it is?!?

Blessings,





1 comment:

Donna said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day!