Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Babies...




Thought about it for a while and decided to get myself a couple of guinea pigs. Josh talking about wanting to breed them again and then changing his mind sort of got the interest in me going... I have an outdoor cage for them, that Bailey keeps trying to get into but can't lol. I also have one for inside where they stay during the night or when it is not suitable weather outside.

I actually bought them in the first place more for therapy. Therapy for the ladies and gents that I support at work. It has been a little project of mine and I am so happy that my bosses are happy for me to do this... Whenever people usually get animals, they tend to grow bored with them after a short time... That is what has happened with my kids in the past...I can understand that totally... What I do is just a little different... I bring them up in my cage and they stay with me for my weekend shifts. This way they are there for them to be looked after and be held by whoever wants to but I take them home with me at the end of the shift. It has worked amazingly well... As soon as I walk in they ask me about them. What are they doing, how are they, have they grown? It has been wonderful seeing some of them coming out of their shells :)

I'm truly blessed to work where I do :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: