Saturday, June 30, 2012

What will tomorrow bring...

That is what I ponder today as it is the last day of June.

The last day of the current financial year as well as the last day without the dreaded Carbon Tax...

Noone can tell us what the implications are... Or what it will cost us...

Hubby and I are trying to overestimate everything at the moment. Electricity is supposed to go up at least 16% but who knows in the end? Milk, bread and flour etc was not supposed to go up but corner shops had been advices weeks ago of the steep increases...

Today is the sunset of the old. Tomorrow is unknown. To an extent it is no use worrying about the unknown but one must budget and keep the bills down as much as possible. Something we try to do very hard, and will only get harder I believe...

All in all I am not against this new tax at all as long as it actually helps the environment, which I don't believe it will. Companies will buy their credits and get billed by the government for their polluting ways, who will pass the cost onto you and me, the customers...

And after three years of price freezing who knows where the amount will go to...

I want today to be a Groundhog Day lol

Cheers Damaris

No comments: