Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hatching time...

Today marks three weeks in the incubator. What a looooong wait. Baha, it always is... Today, I got woken by chirping... One chick hatched during the night... Another chick hatched while I was at our local community morning tea... We have two drying off as I write... Two new Australorp chicks. Hope they're pullets. Out of the dozen only 4 where viable when candled, 2 were duds and six had blood rings which sadly means they died... 

I so hope that the other two hatch. Either way, I'm going on Monday to get me some day old chicks that will hatch this Saturday :) Australorp and/or Rhode Island Reds... Maybe Welsummer, or Ancona or Langshan... Soooo many to choose from. Think it'll be RIR and/or Australorp sexed day olds... Can't wait :)

Blessings


No comments: