Thursday, December 31, 2009

Babysitting Caramello...

I wanna go inside...
Snooze time... being cute is tiring. :)

Very good friends of ours have an 8yrs old daughter. Now wouldn't you know it, Kate brought home a really excellent report card at the end of the year. She was in for a treat...

Her mum and dad got her a lamb, one week old and soooo cute. One of the ones that you don't have to shear. Looks like a goat to me except for the tail. It was already 'done' so he was an it and had the horns done as well...

With a few instructions such as to not to pat on the head as it would later learn to buck you ... we had the pleasure of looking after Caramello while his little mummy went on holidays with her mum, dad and brother.

You should have heard him howl. He was missing Kate something shocking... He has two bottles a day which is really easy and you have to ensure that they are not at the same time each time of he gets used to timing and bleats for it non stop... He loved my youngest Joshua being outside with him all the first day...

Then it was Christmas day and he was not played with as much but still allot. He was outside during the day in our yard area. During the night I had him in the laundry and Joshua kept the two dogs in his room with him. Arrangements suited all I think...

I must admit that I really wanted a lamb before having Caramello as well as they are cute and can be a good mower if you get them used to being not just around the kids. They get attached very quickly. Joshua was having a hard time quickly going anywhere without him being followed by a sheep... sorry weather... :)

Day after Boxing day we said our farewells and took him back to his home and put him in his shed. That way he is nice and safe during the night. His mummy was back the next morning.

Was nice to have him. Didn't have to feed him once, always had offers. :) Don't know about getting my own though as the smell is still not out of the laundry from where he slept. Very strong smell indeed. But I would suspect that I would get used to it just as I did with the cows I guess.

Cheers Damaris

No comments: