Monday, December 21, 2009

Is this the 'North Pole'???

All three visitors...
Mr Curious...

While driving into the underground car park the other day I was rather surprised to be following three deers. Two males and one females. The were being taken to their temporary home within the shopping centre but the way that they enter is through the car park. Looked rather funny... Clop, clop, clop you could hear them walking along. I made sure I gave them plenty of room and slowed right down. I later took a couple of photos of them in their pen. They seemed to be very intrigued by people watching them...

Apparently they are only able to be touched for about eight weeks out of the year. Only when the fuzzy fur is on the antlers. That is when the hormone level is just right for handling. Other than that they would kill you. They are very powerful creatures. Was very interesting to talk to their owner...

Still very cute in my opinion. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: