Tuesday, June 14, 2011

12 Lovely Bottles of Onion Marmalade...

My lovely Onion Marmalade...

Last week on Thursday I decided that day would be D-Day... I had to get rid of them onions. I had gotten them for 9c a kilo so how could I go past that... No, couldn't and didn't. I bought only 10 kilos though. Should have gone for the 20 after all.

Anyway, I processed them all in the slicer. Thank God for the slicer. I am very spoilt. It did it in no time but by the end of the first bag of onions alone I was crying, I couldn't see and my nose was running (yep with snot)... Not a pretty picture. I left it there and aired the house out while I went for my power walk with Fiona and when I got back it had only really dispersed the stench throughout the whole house not just confining it to the kitchen. Never mind...

I processed the rest of them and then did what I had to in my two largest pots. I ended up with 12 large jars of Marmalade... Made the house smell nice and I couldn't get rid of the smell out of my nose for about two days... lol

They will make nice presents for Christmas. Seeing they are water bathed they will last at least 5 years on my shelf. One jar didn't seal properly so oh well we will just have to share that with people that come over. lol

Cheers Damaris

No comments: