Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I got a job...


Last week I put in for a job at Seek.com.au and got an interview on Monday... It went for allot longer than it was meant to and I had allot of positive feedback from the panel. I was so excited to be there. Not nervous at all...

To say it was an awesome experience is really an understatement. My last job that I went for was 21.5 years ago. That was to enter the Public Service. I loved that job for many, many years but it is not practical to travel there now as one way takes about three hours with car and public transport. Hubby still does this every week so I know the distance...

Anyway, On Tuesday while having Home Church here I got a call just before 5pm... Yep, I got the job. :) :) :)

Orientation starts this week and I start my first long shift on Saturday this week. Long shifts and overnight stays is all I want really as the job is in Toowoomba and it is about a 2.5hrs round trip for me. They are very happy to help me out on that front which I am very grateful for.

So the job: I am now a Disability Support Worker... I am still in a bit of shock really but am so happy to be given the opportunities that this job will bring ... It is my life. I live special needs. It is of a different kind to Timothy but special needs all the same so feel very blessed that I am able to work in the field that I feel very, very passionate about...

Can't wait to start :)

Just another step closer for my little family to be together all the time. :)

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Chris said...

Congratulations. Those kinds of jobs aren't my cup of tea (I like my own bed too much, LOL) but I've heard lots of people who've done it, got a great deal of satisfaction.

Nothing wrong with being a working mum either. Once kids start becoming young adults, I think it helps to have your own thing to interest you. Mine turned 8 this year and I can see she needs me less - so I'm returning to the stuff I was doing before having kids, LOL.

Well done. :)