Monday, September 16, 2013

Sourdough Bread Success!!!

I wasn't liking the lack of height of my sourdough bread, so today I experimented and put a whole sourdough into each bread tin, instead of dividing one into two tins...

I got excellent rises both times, even though the weather was cool and without sun. I am totally impressed with the end results.

My youngest had a couple of pieces as a snack after dinner... He's also very happy. Now, he's full :)

Yep, this is how I make my bread from now on :) I'm rather happy that it hasn't taken me long to figure things out... Like I've said before, I was scared preciously. I didn't want to kill the starter. I didn't want to waste ingredients, just in case things didn't work out. But I've found that it is very giving.

I've been giving loaves away too and that makes me happy. On Friday, I'm giving away my first starter to a very special friend of mine. She's coming over with her three kids for morning tea :) Can't wait, love to share!

Blessings,

No comments: