Thursday, February 4, 2010

Knitting and eating...

Some of our little village...

For a while now I have been wanting to go back to Craft Group at the local Community Hall on a Tuesday. I had run into one of the ladies in Warwick just before Australia Day and she had encouraged me to come again as well...

That made up my mind and the next time they met at the Hall, I was there as well. And I am so glad that I did it. I was welcomed with open arms and felt right at home. Currently we are all doing our own thing and so I have been making more dishcloths. They are becoming popular and am getting requests for them. They are very easy to make so don't mind at all. I also love working with cotton, corn, soy... whatever the material as long as it is natural. That way when one is done with the cloth you can just put it in the compost heap and it will break down. Recycle and reuse. Loving it.

Was also quirky to get the looks of the other ladies that had not seen me knit or crochet before. I don't do them the Aussie way, I just can't. I do it how my grandmother and mother and teachers at school taught me in Austria so a little different. I cast on and off differently as well. I was asked to go slow so the process could be watched a few times. Was lovely. :)

Off course there is always lovely morning teas to share as well. I made blueberry muffins that morning and brought some of my cherry tomato that I had picked off the bushes the day before. Love to share and I think they went over well. Shame I could only stay till 11am last time as had an ASD Support Group meeting to get to in Warwick but will be there again next week... Can't wait.

I am really glad that I have decided to go back also because this lovely group of ladies are a genuine part of our little community and I want to learn from them and be apart of that group. I look forward to Jumpers and Jazz this year as well. Wait till you see what we have planned.
On that note must get Google going on getting some patterns...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: