Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What is that noise???

Offending little pebble...

Just for background, I live on a dirt road, only about 120 metres long and our driveway is also about 100 metres long...

I was driving around last week and was horrified every time I put my breaks on or drove really slowly that I could hear this horrible noise on the right side of the front of my car. Now this car is only a year old. It has not even done 25000km so what is going on...

I went to town last week and the noise was getting worse so decided, only after my pedicure off course, lol, that I need to see the Black Toyota mechanical experts. Took the car there and told them of the horrible noise. The manager took it all under control and got someone to look at it straight away... I waited for about 1/2 hour and then he brought me out a little pebble... A pebble. It had gotten stuck in the break pad. Must have picked it up from the road or driveway. They say that it probably won't happen again but I don't know... I could have sworn that there was metal scraping upon metal but no just a little pebble...

I am ever so grateful for the wonderful help that I got. It was done straight away and cost me nothing... All this in a country town. Wouldn't see that happening in Brissie I reckon... Shame but am just so grateful that the noise is gone.

Cheers Damaris

No comments: