Sunday, September 5, 2010

Full Tanks, again...

Our two tanks totalling 50000 litres are full, again...

Over the last few weeks we have had three days/nights were we have had a huge amount of rainfall each time... Meaning that each time our house tanks have ended up overflowing...

This off course is wonderful to see when we only have rainwater to rely on for our house water supply. Last thing I want to do it buy it in and Russell doesn't want to use the bore water as we only take from that table under the ground when absolutely necessary. Don't get me know other than a tiny bit of salt the water is perfect drinking water but it is not to be put through our house pipes...

I am still very determined to get that third tank on the house as I hate seeing waste and at the moment the overflows on both tanks are pouring out water which is a terrible waste... Soon I will have the money together, saved from leftovers of grocery money from every fortnight and will then be able to get it plumbed in... Can't wait. :) Now must go and put on a load so that that wonderful water is used rather than wasted... Though it is soaking back into the soil which is great too...

Cheers Damaris

PS. For all the Dads out there, Happy Father's Day... Am so blessed to not only have a wonderful hubby but he is also a fantastic Father. My boys and I are truly blessed... :) xo

No comments: