Friday, September 3, 2010

Our little darlings...

Catching some rays...

Last weekend I took to shaving the dogs... They sooooo needed it. All of them. They were actually sliding along the tiles in the end that is how woolly their boots were getting. Mind you more than anything I reckon they love the baths they get afterwards. :)

They all did really well, Toby had his first one here. :) He was such a good boy, only a couple of growls saying "Mum, I am done already...". Nova and Bailey too were excellent...

I love doing it myself as I save myself a fortune. Where we used to leave ages ago I had Bailey done a couple of times as didn't have the time and it cost me $40 each time back then. Would hate to think what it does now.

I ended up buying a set of Wahl clippers so that I could do them at home. These beauty does the family as well as cattle for showing if you wanted to... Very versatile. I have had these now about three years and have done our dogs three maybe four times a year. Keeps the hair down and has them much more comfortable which is what I was trying to achieve.

Russell was very nice and took the clippers apart for me last time. He has the ideal tool to take all the top part apart and clean out any hair or oil build up that might be in there. No more sticking as that is what it was doing this time. Am so glad. Was a great way to get rid of the mess in there and give it a new lease of life at the same time. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: