Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Visiting time...

Regular visitors... Ducks and their babies...

Lisa and our divine lunch :)

Swan on her nest at the park...

The park...

It is holidays. The first week of our two week school break and I knew that seeing our friends from here had moved to Brisbane, that the kids would be dying to see them. And right I was. I arranged with Lisa to come down yesterday so that we could all catch up.

I started out just before 7am and got there just after 8:30am. We stayed at the house and explored the huge yard till after lunch and then we went to a local park. The kids had a ball. Off course as soon as Lisa uttered the words that we were going to the park it started raining. But no matter to the kids. Lisa and I stayed under cover and kept an eye on the kids, which was easy to do as we were the only ones there most of the time, and enjoyed a lovely cuppa. The swans, ducks and other wildlife got a good feed of bread as well.

There were a few stacks with the scooters as it was wet and slippery and the kids were soaked to the skin but boy did they have a ball. :)

We made our way home about 4pm and ended up home just after 6pm. One hairy drive home, I must admit... Especially the Cunningham's Gap. Boy there was soooo much fog and luckily there was no one in front or behind me so I could go as slow as I liked. And that is what I did. :)

A quick dinner was had, dogs hugged and chooks put away and boys had an early night. :) In all we got 14mm yesterday which is nice to have the tanks topped up for us again. I put on a load of washing and the boys needed warm showers from the wet clothes. All in all a fantastic first day to the holidays.

Was soooooo lovely to catch up with Lisa, James and Kate :) Will probably go down again soon as there is a Gem Festival on in a couple of weeks... Will see...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: