Friday, October 9, 2009

New Arrivals...

Mum and babies...
This one is a keeper as far as the family is concerned...


Two days ago when we went to get the guinea pigs inside, there was a little surprise waiting for us...

We brought in three more than we took our that morning. Yes, we have had more babies. Unfortunately one passed away last night but the other two are feeding off mum really well and growing. Mum also has a growth of some sort from under the chin to her belly but still very well and eating and drinking so hope it is nothing... She is a very attentive mum as well which is lovely to see.

It is amazing to watch the two of them compared to the first and second babies. Three of the first litter have found new homes and are doing very well I hear. From the first litter I only have a boy left now and as soon as he grows a little more I will give him away as well. To a good home though.

The advertisement will read something like this: Male Guinea Pig waiting for adoption. Family pet only, not used as food... Poor little mite. Don't want him going to someone with a snake that wants a good feed...

Anyway at this point we still have a few girls that are pregnant but that run will soon be over. The boys are over taking them out and in all the time so now it is up to me really... I enjoy them but we will only end up keeping two of the girls. At the moment we have 10 and it is just too much hassle. Something I don't need with the state of my right hand...

On a sunny note, I am off to a lunch today in Warwick to meet some new ladies. I am really looking forward to it. One of the ladies that invited me, I met through Freecycle and it ends up that we have quite a bit in common... Can't wait to meet the other six or so ladies.

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Fiona Gray said...

Oh they are so gorgeous!!!

And she is my favourite guinea pig (Goldie). If you don't want to keep all the guinea pigs, please keep Goldie and some of her babies for me! And Fuzzy (fuzzy orange one), too, and the little black one with a white stripe... but the rest... I am happy to part with.

If you're wanting to down-size early (before my house is built and I can move back - hopefully before Christmas), feel free to let go of the others (eg. at pig and calf, or Aquabird - they give a good price).

I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you about the guinea pigs, sooner. I didn't end up getting my own house after all, and will be staying with a friend (in a unit) until the house is finished. The factory started manufacturing the kit yesterday, so it will probably arrive on site in 4 to 6 weeks, depending on when the carpenter is willing to start work. Love Fi.

P.S. You know why I don't use my blogger blog? Apart from being busy, I have forgotten my login details!! :-p