Monday, November 16, 2009

Dad's Birthday Get Together...

Dad and his birthday cake...
My darling husband, Russell...
Most of the family in the pool...
Some of my nephews, and both my boys...
Dad, my sister Martina, my brother Markus and my hubby Russell

In my immediate family, I have the honour of being the eldest of five children. We were born girl, boy, girl, boy, girl. All within 10 years. I used to love going to the same school as all of them. When I was in Year 11 and 12 I had them all with me... Lis, the youngest being in Year 1 and 2. Those times hold very special memories for me. She used to tell kids off and warn them that her BIG sister was coming to beat them up if they weren't nice. hehe Yes I did visit her every morning tea for those two years but not to bash up fellow little kids... lol

Yesterday, most of my brothers and sisters and our extended families got together at my Dad and Stepmum's place for a lovely afternoon tea and swim. It is my Dad's 61st Birthday on Wednesday and so wanted to get together to celebrate not just his but also the ones that we had missed during the year and all the ones in November. There is Ethan's, Marianna's, Christian's, Jordan's and mine. :) The first four are from my youngest brother's family: Mum, Dad and two of their three boys.

Dad loves us all getting together and it was sad not to have my youngest sister Lis and her hubby Phil there too but we will see them for Christmas. She is still up at Boigu Island (few kilometres of PNG) teaching Preps, Year 1 and Year 2. She sure has her work cut out for her. This is her first year there and she only has one more to go and then she may teach somewhere else.

It was so lovely to catch up with everyone and I am so glad that though I was still feeling ill that I made the effort to go. On the way home my headaches came back again and the stomach aches were there too by the time I went to bed. Hope it goes soon. Five days of this is enough already. Today is quite warm but nowhere near as muggy as it was in Brisbane yesterday, thank goodness. Housework needs doing and is calling. Better get going. :)

I hope you enjoy the photos of my family...

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Emma said...

Wow! Your sister is at Boigu! That's so awesome. Before my family moved to Freestone we lived for two years in the Torres Strait, at Badu Island! Way back in the early 80's. It's such a small world.

The birthday celebration looked very enjoyable too :)