Thursday, November 19, 2009

What to do first...

One of the many frogs that regularly visits us at night...

Over the last week the house has been getting away from me. I admit it. It is a mess. I like my house to be neat and tidy so this is really driving me nuts. I can't see out of the mess. It is not that bad really but bad for me. lol. My bedroom is fine, so is the bathroom and toilets. Laundry and Pantry are fine as well. But for the rest of the house... HELP is all I can say...

The weather has been so hot here lately that nothing can get me to get going on it. It just ends up sitting there. The washing up gets done and that is about it. My hand hurts after that so then I take a break and don't want to get back into it.

I joined the FlyLady a while ago as I liked how she motivated people into doing things around the place, 15 minutes as a time. I have now also joined The-Organizer-Lady. She does it allot the same way as the FlyLady but a little different as well. Both have been at this for a very long time and it shows...

Not even these two sites have helped. I have ordered a calender from the FlyLady that I hope comes soon in the post. I would like to have my itinerary on the wall for everyone not just in my mobile phone so that I don't have to look at it every time someone wants to know when something is happening. That will make me very happy to have that up and running. This heat seems to be never ending. At night there is not much relief as we are not having storms to cool everything down. Animals are needing water just about twice a day at the moment also which doesn't help me keep cool either as I have to get out there and do it for them.

Don't get me wrong, I love it that it is warm enough for little baby animals to be born and for grass to be growing as well as our little veggie garden. I am very fortunate also as most of the time I have a lovely breeze here coming through the house.

Allot of the last week I have had to leave it all shut up though as there are fires rather close to here. Just over the Highway and that is not good. I hate to know the toll it is taking the animals up in the mountainous area. The local Rural Fire Brigade is helping out off course and for that I am very thankful. Were would we be without them. They are keeping out homes safe.

So that brings me back to my dilemma. Where do I start? The kitchen table I think. Then the coffee table, that the kids were supposed to have done when they got home from school today. One step at a time... Then ... I will see then...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: