Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Melbourne Cup Luncheon...

Some of the patrons before lunch
Carly taking a photo, Lisa checking her horses in the sweeps...

Last week I had the pleasure of going to the Maryvale Crown Hotel. Yep, another word for the local pub. hehe

I was going to go to the ASD Parent Support Group Cup Lunch but the pub called as I wanted the prawns. lol

So at 11:30am I went down there, picked up a friend and her beautiful little girl and off we went. Met lots of other friend while there and had a wonderful time. Not with all the flies though...

We had a glass of bubbly upon entry and lunch with dessert only cost $15.00 which I think is fantastic. The food was great and so was dessert.

I went in the sweeps. I only ever do that. I don't spend any money at the TAB. There could be too much money to lose plus don't like the crowds anyway. And not doing it online or over the phone. Too easy an access me thinks...

I went into two $2.00 and one $5.00 sweep costing me a grand total of $9.00. I walked away with second prize for one of the $2.00 sweeps and pocketed $14.00. Thought that was pretty good. Was going to spend that at the bar but ended up going home with it and putting it in my piggy bank. Like that idea...

Anyway, a great day was had by all. Thanks Dennis, Josephine and Carla for a great time. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: