Monday, November 9, 2009

Finally a start on our Boys' Cubbyhouse...

Support for the Cubby Floorboards...
Nailing down the boards...35 boards x 10 nails each...

The boys have been very patient. First there was the problem of where to put it together. All the shed room was taken up with hay. Then there was my hand operation which has left me incapable to helping very much at all.

The hay problem is gone. My hand problem not so much but we have the room and that was the main thing. Russell did a great job clearing 1/3 of the shed as the cubby is rather on the large side.

The photos that I have here are only the start, it was all we could get done in a few hours on Saturday. Sunday I really wanted to get back out there but Russell was busily working on a Position Description for a job he was going for in Warwick. He will be home during the week if this job comes through which we are all hoping and praying for.

As Russell is not home during the week, we will be working on the cubby as much as we possibly can but it will take a while I think. So much gets squashed into our weekends already and it only gets harder to do things once the heat comes as well...

The dimensions are 2.4 x 2.4 metres square. There is a little porch area on the front of it. It is elevated 400mm off the ground and the cubby has a patio area also which is 2.4 x 2.4 metres square. So as you can tell by now it will be a while.

I can't wait till it is done though as I envisage a herb garden near by as well as some of Timothy's larger rocks displayed...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: