Friday, October 15, 2010

Gone quackers...

Timothy and the new drake...

Timothy and the female duck...

Beaks forming a loveheart...

All three at the water container...

Wednesday was a real blessing. I was to go to the Pig n Calf to get a couple of ducks for our lonely one here at home... She was bobbing her head towards chooks. That is just too sad for me...

On the Tuesday a friend called and remembered that I was after a couple of ducks and said that there were some being given away and did I want them. Sure I did... Saved me a trip to the Pig n Calf and got me home from town much quicker than I thought I would so was very happy on the way going past and picking up a male and female pair...

Have had them in the relocation cage for the rest of this week and have added the other lonely duck as well. You should have seen the action that the male got up to with my boys not even having shut the door on them. He was right into it, or her should I say... hehe

Anyway, they are all getting along really well and will let them out in another week or so. Timothy has fallen hard for the male and he is his. Joshua was sad when he saw him as it reminds him of his Drake Quack that he lost a while back to a fox...

So here is hoping that they lay soon and that we get some more girls out of it. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: