Saturday, October 23, 2010

Well I have done it :)

A new dawn...

Yesterday was a huge step for me... I went to a local Retirement Village and met up with a lady there that I had met on a Senior's Day outing at our local community hall... Barbara remembered me and was happy to have me for the two hours that I was there.

She even showed me around the place and spoke about all sorts of things... One thing I absolutely love about her is that she doesn't like to gossip... She is a very positive person and that I must say attracted me to her straight away. :)

I must admit I was very apprehensive for a while to go and see her. I didn't know what to expect and was sooooo appreciative when a friend of mine was seeing her friend's in the same retirement village so that I could go at the same time. Strength in numbers and all that. :) I am rather proud that I did it and can't wait to go back again. :)

So we sat and talked a little about her life. She asked me questions about my family and looked at photos I had of them on my phone.

From now on I will be visiting her every two weeks after Ladies' Group and any other time I can get some visiting time in. She is in Warwick so it is rather simple to pick her up, go for a coffee and then sit and visit a while. Gets her out as well. :) I feel so fortunate to have her in my life and can't wait to see where our journey takes us. I have her address even so will send letters and cards are well. :)

When I visited I was so welcomed by everyone, it was lovely to see but there are allot of people that don't have any visitors... Well Barbara is not one of them anymore :)

Thanks for taking me in Barbara... Can't wait for what the future holds.

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Nik said...

What a beautiful gift of friendship.