Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bunka Embroidery...

A shot of what I have to do...

A couple of years ago I went to a Gem Show and found a lady there that did some quilling... Have done that for a while now and at the same show I also found another lady that was showing off some Bunka Embroidery... I was intrigued and wanted to know more...

I bought a kit and the DVD and have now started after all this time. I mounted it correctly as per instructions and watched the DVD a few times to get the hang of it, pausing it as needed... The threading of the needle was a challenge I must say but got it in the end. Now I am finding that getting the string to stay in the canvas is proving to be a bit of a challenge. I have done some parts but have no idea how I will go. Time will tell. :)

For my first peace I am doing some Irises... They are beautiful and I hope I can do the picture of the end result some justice... I realise it takes allot of practice, practice, and more practice. I will get there... Sometimes I just wish I was there already. :) I must say I am enjoying the challenge though. The DVD states that it is relaxing and once I get the hang of it I am sure it will be until then, I stress... and panic that it will go wrong... On the other hand I am enjoying learning a new craft. There is a lady in Warwick that sells more thread and kits so will probably seek her out in the next week or so for some advice. :) Glad she is in town. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: