Friday, May 18, 2012

What a Bargain...

I took Josh to the Optometrist in Warwick last Friday... His eyes had changed quite a bit since he last went 12 months ago.

Was quoted $240 odd, just for two new lenses. His frame was on its way out so knew I would be up for at least $550-600 in total. I decided to be brave and get a print out of his script and shop around... I must say I'm really thankful that noone tried a guilt trip on me for not ordering and paying there and then. Not that it would have worked but I would have been sad about it as we have spent at least $2000 there in the last five years...

I got home and onto the Net. Asked Russell to find out about a few companies to see what their reputation and customer satisfaction rating was... I couldn't go past Zenni Optical :)

All you do is load up a picture of the face, put in some measurements, click on some frames till you find the one you like... It was soooo easy and the total cost is what blew me away...

The best bit was that I got the glasses by courier yesterday :) So much quicker than if I had of gotten the lenses in town...

So the cost??? $53.30... Metal frames with bendy arms, 100% UV protection, anti scratch and glare with 10% gray tinting, so that there wouldn't be so much glare as it can get in our Queensland Summer!

He's wearing them and they are a perfect fit! We are so happy that not only can he see as he should but we saved a fortune!!! Never going back to buying in a shop...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: