Sunday, August 8, 2010

Opa's visit :)

Yummy beaters. :)

My Dad came up for the afternoon yesterday and spent lots of time with Joshua as well as Russell and I. It was wonderful to have him there. Missed my step mum though... At least she has a couple of dozen eggs from us to know that we love her very much...

We had homemade Pizza for dinner and dessert was Pavlova. As you can see Dad and Joshua loved licking the beaters after I finished making the Pavlova ready for the oven for baking... Cream and bananas on top and voila: It was done.

Joshua had his little friend James stay the night as well so we were able to share it amongst the five of us. Everyone thought it yummy... Russell did a fantastic job with the Pizza's. We have plenty of leftovers as well. Russell will take some to work this week and then the last will be for the boys and I to enjoy one night as well. :)

Around dinner time my Dad and I enjoyed the sun going down in the west and after dessert we all went outside and looked up into the sky with Russell's mother of all telescopes. :)

He found a moon just off Saturn and its rings. Venus was 1/2 visible as well. We also looked at a whole heap of stars in the Milky Way. It was one beautiful site. No Moon or clouds to worry about. As we have no lights out here it was easy to see the beautifully lit up sky...

A lovely day to remember for a long time. I know for sure that Dad will be back too, soon I hope :)

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Donna said...

What nice memories for you and your family! Glad you were able to have your Dad for a visit!