Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Senior's Morning Tea...

Some of the Seniors at the Hall...

More Seniors and School Staff...

Ms Shelley with the kids, singing... :)

Yesterday the village was in for a real treat... The kids had been practicing and you could see Joshua just busting to share his singing abilities. hehe

Yesterday we had our Seniors Morning Tea at the Maryvale School of Arts Hall... We had a bus load of people even come out from one of the retirement villages in town. There would have been around 30 people and then the 14 school kids on top of that...

So they sang and entertained us with their Music Teacher, Ms Shelley. It was wonderful to hear them sing. They even sang harmonies which was very impressive to watch and listen to. The Seniors had a ball. You could see the light in their eyes. :)

There was more food there than you could poke a stick at as well. Joshua was good and only ate what I had brought. There was plenty for him and he was happy to spend most of the time taking trays of food around and seeing if anyone wanted a cuppa. Garry was there too, our neighbour, was so nice to see him there. He seemed to have a lovely time. :)

I spent allot of my time with the Seniors from the retirement village and came across one lady that I will be seeing again. Her name is Barbara and she has no parents, brothers or sisters... The way she spoke had me very interested in getting to know this lady better. No such stories of self pity or sorrow. Amazing lady. I asked her if I could come and visit her soon and she said she would love that. So I am going to... I also would like to write to her as I don't get to go into town all that often other than to shop... Will see what happens :)

Couple of the parents of the kids at the school also came along for the singing and general chit chat. Was so nice to see them. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: