Thursday, January 13, 2011

5yrs old and still Yummmm...

Lis preparing the cake for demolition :)

Cake anyone???

My baby sister Lis and her hubby Phil got married nearly six years ago... Their wedding cake was a heavy mud cake... Yummmm at the time :)

Now they had to go back overseas to teach and work and then they came back to Australia and then Lis taught up in Boigu Island... No use for a top tier of the cake there either...

I have been taking it with me to three different houses over that time. :) My dear friend Margaret even had it for about a year while we were renting and building out here in Maryvale. :) What a treasure.

When we had Christmas at Lis and Phil's place few weeks ago, I took the opportunity to return it :) So it was defrosted and enjoyed by all. :) We all even got to take a slab home with us.

Was just as beautiful as the day they got married. Amazing. My other sister Tina did a fantastic job with the cake. I remember the days and days that it took. Such a perfectionist and what credit she is owed... I have a very clever family. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: