Sunday, January 23, 2011

Custard Mess...

The possessed custard... lol

So we had a lovely Chicken Risotto for dinner. Even had three meals left over for Russell to take to work this week. So then Russell gets an idea... I will make custard... Sounded yummmm. He is great at making if from scratch and the way we do it, it is failsafe...

Anyway, I try hard to not be in the kitchen when he is preparing stuff as he is a little too messy for my liking. I like to clean up as I go, straight into the dishwasher. He doesn't... Need I say more.

So what happens... On this occasion I was in the kitchen turning the guinea fowl and ducks eggs in the incubator and this is what happened. Truly, I lie not!!!

Goes to put the milk in the jug, and splashes it everywhere...
Then realises he should have done the egg first, puts that in and splats it all over the place, more milk on the counter and his shirt...
He adds the sugar and again splats milk over the edge of the container...
He mixes the concoction and there is more and more splatter...
After it being in the microwave for a bit he takes it out and again twice more splatters it places, including his shirt again, this time burning himself on the hand, twice...

Joshua and I stand back and laugh. Our sides are just about hurting... Russell suggests that I can always finish up if I like and I politely say "Oh I couldn't, why mess with perfection..." lol

The end result was fabulous off course and he did clean up after himself as well which I do really appreciate... :)

Was so fun to watch though...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: