Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new...

Out with the old broken line...

In with the new green line :)

My washing line this time has only lasted three years. I was rather disappointed as at my previous houses I had had them for so much longer. I would have to say that it must be the quality or lack thereof as on each corner there are the cracks showing up. Some lines even have it in the middle as well. So brittle... I realise that the sun has something to do with it also but like I said previous lines have lasted 9 years and longer... Go figure...

The frame of the line was still in excellent condition so I didn't want to fork out the money for a whole new line so went to my local hardware store instead...

From what I could tell you could unscrew the bolts and actually replace the line itself. That sounded like a great option to me. Mrs Olsen helped me get the line and with my Carer's Card I saved another 10% on top of the already low price. Needed 55 metres so opted for the two lots of 30 metres. Love that hardware...

Russell has replaced 30 metres of the line and is looking good. The old frayed bits are in the bin and am so glad that it will be all replaced soon. The old line had only twine in the middle of the plastic coating. This time I have a metal rod in the middle of the plastic coating. What I also really like is that this one is coloured green like the rest of the line. The old line was white and discoloured easily...

The rest of it should be done in the next week when we can get to it. Have tried out the new line already and works very well. :)

A new line for a fraction of the cost of a whole new one. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: