Friday, January 28, 2011

Thanks for the Help :)

What is that black thing anyway?

The offending tyre

My lovely helpers. :)

Last Monday I was out and about and ended up with a blown tyre... I went to find the jack and couldn't. The manual finally told me that it was under the front seat??? So got everything ready to do the tyre and two lovely people from RoadTek came and asked if I was OK. Told them that I had not done the changing of a tyre before but that I was fine. They got out and took everything out of my hands and had the tyre changed in about three minutes flat... Amazing team work :)

Found out that they were both working on The Gap where there is allot of roadworks going on at the moment and will be for some time to come... Again thanks so much to the wonderful people that stopped and helped... Couldn't have been on my way as quickly without your help :)

Then had to change my other three tyres as apparently you are supposed to check your air pressure in your tyres about once a month. Well no one has ever told me that so had no idea. Russell and I have bought allot of cars over the years and have only ever had one go out of warranty... This was my first flat ever... Things you learn... Am glad that the people that I bought my tyres from will check that for me from now on whenever I want them to :) One place I went to wanted $520 for four new tyres. Top of the range was all they had apparently. Then I went to Ryanie in Warwick and got the three for $295 with a balance and alignment. Gotta be happy with that :) :)

So Brad my lovely Blue Yaris is off for his 40000km service next week and then all will be good again :) Now if only I could remember to refill the water bottle for the wipers... Still have not done that after about two months of running out... Oh dear...

PS. 30.1.11, found out from my baby sister that that black thing in the first picture would be something to attach to the car in case it needs a tow??? Duh!!! lol

Cheers Damaris

No comments: