Monday, January 24, 2011

First day of school for 2011...

Joshua and Timothy...

Have to have the silly shot...

Uno was played...

My pile of books waiting for me...

Well the boys are at school... Over the weekend, Timothy kept on insisting that school only started back on Thursday. I told him different each time... He was not happy to go back. He was really struggling with it. The bell noise annoys him as it is so loud. The kids annoy him... He even asked if he could stay home this year...

This morning he was up bright and early just after 6am and presented himself to me completely dressed and ready to go... He had his breakfast and then went back to bed. Normal routine. :) When it was about 15 minutes to go before he would have to leave, I started talking to him about what lay ahead to prepare him a little. He knows he won't be changing subjects like last year. He said he looked forward to doing Ag Studies. I mentioned that I was looking forward to finding out what he would be doing in Manual Arts and that maybe he would be apart of a band or orchestra this year in Music... Just light hearted but something for him to think about... He was very happy to leave in the end. He was busting to tell people about his new pet, Bud... He actually ran and skipped down the driveway. :) Was wonderful to see :)

Joshua also presented himself just after Timothy, fully dressed with bed made (as usual :)) and ready to go... Now Timothy leaves at 7am as he has the bus to catch. Joshua can't leave till after 8am as he isn't supposed to get to school before 8:15am. So once Timothy left this morning we played a round of pool... He had five balls to pocket, me only two and he still whipped the pants off me. :)

Then he played a heap of Uno with me. I love that game. We take 14 cards each in our version so it lasts a bit longer seeing it is only two of us playing. Has been a while since we have played that game. :) Chess tomorrow I reckon. :)

I must admit there are a few things very, very different this year. All of last year Timothy wore his yellow hat with Cunningham written on it. It is the house that he is in at school. Today he said that he wasn't wearing it anymore as he was the one and he didn't want to stand out in the crowd... Now that it growing up... Amazing, he has never said anything like that before... This year is also Joshua's last year at Primary school. He is in Grade 7... The other thing was that for the first time he didn't want me to come to school for the first day. He wanted to ride to school as normal... Felt strange... But also shows just how much he has grown up in the last year. He longer hangs off me giving me lots of hugs and kisses... Though I still always get the one when he leaves. Yep my boys are growing up :) Which is a good thing I know but a little sad on the other hand as well... As parents we really need to enjoy our kids while we can because it really does go ever so fast...

Everyone has gone now... Russell is at work for another week and the housework was done by 8:45am. Clothes have been hung on the line and dinner has been organised. Love to monthly menu plan... makes things so much easier.

Oh the Serenity. Oh the Quiet... I am loving today already :)

So after finishing here I am off to have some Me Time... Reading, with coffee off course... something that I have not done really for the whole holidays... And am missing it...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: