Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year, one and all :)

Our first Agapanthus since we came here :)

Today is a new year. 1.1.11... Cool numbers. :) Today is the chance that we get once a year to start stuff again. To dream of adventures that we might do during the year. To change and do things differently. To make new goals...

For me it is a chance to reflect on how I have done in the last year and how I can improve this year. I have come far this last year but know I have far to go. There are still many things I want to do and achieve and towards the end of last year lightened my load a little so that I would be able to more easily achieve some of those. Goals are a good thing to have. Realistic ones anyway.

In this year I want to keep on loosing weight. Am down 6.5kg and so many to go but am getting there. I will do it slowly. This year I celebrate my 40th Birthday and I want to go and jump out of a plane. You need to be under a certain weight before they will let you. Therefore I need to loose just a little more. Then want to keep going and get down to my ideal goal weight by the end of the year. I will see how I go. Not too much pressure though. I love my life and don't believe it should be about pressure. I want to live my life. I only have one so want to make the most of the one that God has given me. :)

This year I want to also sort out a few things in my head and have started seeing a counsellor. He is lovely and will be helping me over the coming months. I appreciate the time he is taking to help me.

There are changes in the air with Russell also. He is unable to work from home anymore on a Friday so will be away from our little family an extra night. This is not something that we are looking forward to and am trying really hard not to stress. Needless to say it is not really working. The boys are also upset about it and we will try and cope as best as we can. If only he could get a job closer to home... Hoping and praying...

This last year has made me also realise that I am truly blessed. I am grateful for each and every day I have with my family and friends and am so glad that we are were we are. I have growing and stretching to do that's for sure but who doesn't? I don't want to stop learning till the Lord takes me home but in the meantime I am happy to keep on doing the learning bit. :) It is good for me :)

Well at this point I want to wish you a very Happy New Year, may all your wishes and dreams come true :) I am gonna work on mine :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: