Friday, January 14, 2011

Never ending...

Russell on the tractor making mince meat of Thorn Valley...

In need of a clean...

Just about ready for the incubator :)

One thing I have found with having 8 acres that are not yet full of trees and shrubs is that there is always an awful lot of mowing... Thank goodness we have a tractor...

Russell was out there again today now that the ground was a little firmer. Thorn Valley, as the boys call it, being down the front near the recycle water hoses, was just wild... And amongst it all Russell mowed the nest of our Guinea Fowls... I still can't believe he didn't hit it with the blade or drove over it. They they were just in a big pile. They boys loved helping me get them inside :)

And I thought they weren't laying... When we picked up the 20 eggs there were imprints like they had been wet. I took them all inside and cleaned them off. Out came the incubator again... Didn't realise it would be out again so soon. :)

Here is hoping a couple will hatch at least... I am not too optimistic about the ones that have been there for three weeks but maybe ones laid since the rains might just make it??? And now I know that they do lay eggs. :) :) :)

So will update in a month or so with numbers. lol

Cheers Damaris

No comments: