Sunday, September 27, 2009

Caught Redhanded... NOVA!!!

Showing me her reward for being cheeky...

This little dog is rather a bit cheeky. Don't you think??? I do. Had people over last weekend and had some cut cake out. I love to bake extra so that when I have unexpected company or in my case, had just had an operation on my hand - I don't have to worry about baking something. There was already something in the freezer that I just had to defrost.

Once our visitors left, one of them had left their chair out from the table. Off course as far as Nova is concerned that is the perfect invitation...

So up she jumped and helped herself to a piece of cake. Then she comes and shows it to me, rather proud of herself... She even posed really nicely for me so that I could take the picture of her with the cake stuffed in her mouth.

Cheeky girl but not her fault. Leave a chair out and that is what you get. Now Bailey on the other hand doesn't even bother to jump up... he waits for odd crumbs to make it to the floor and he cleans that. Different dogs, growing up different ways I guess... Plus for him it would be too much hassle...

Anyway today will be another lazy day. The second dust storm in one week came through yesterday and today we have a horrific amount of wind still. Just the leftovers of the dust storm are left behind. Made it hard to breathe yesterday and hope that all people with breathing problems coped alright. I made sure the house was shut up all day so that Joshua would not suffer too much and he seemed to cope alright. Though his breathing last night in his sleep was a little more noisy than normal and a little laboured...

Cheers Damaris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I have a cocker and she's just been on our table to eat a whole packet of choc almonds...cunningly disguised as Moose Droppings which were a fun gift to bring home from our visit to Montreal...grrrrr...she's 11yrs old this month and showing no signs of slowing down!

Sue
coffeee from DTE :)

Dalinz said...

Oh Sue, aren't they just the best??? I know she steals the odd piece of human food but only when it is our fault. So can't really be mad at her. We do love her and Bailey to bits though. Good luck with yours. hehe

Cheers Damaris

Anonymous said...

hehe
A dear friend has 3 beagles(her fur kids) and they are far worse...going to the limits by eating a pasta necklace made by a young friend at pre-school and hidden in a vase(now broken). One of them even managed a whole placenta when visiting friends with cattle. Unpeeled bananas are not a problem either. lol
She describes them as a life support system for a stomach!!!

Have a beaut week,
xx
Sue