Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Operation time...

Love a peaceful sunrise...

Must say I didn't think the time would ever come. Over two years ago I was doing alot of repetitious work while working and ended up with a ganglion in my right wrist. I am right handed as well.

My GP tried injecting the area with steroids twice but it kept coming back. The injection is supposed to crystallise the ganglion and it is then supposed to disintegrate. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. I also tried bashing it with an Encyclopedia book and that didn't work either.

I have been on the waiting list for Ipswich Hospital for 1 1/2 years now to get it seen to. It comes and goes and even when small it is very painful. Even driving is a pain for me. More so because everything is so far apart from each other out here. My hand can't be used for picking up heavy items which is no use to me out here either. Milking is also painful. It is under a tendon and is 1 cm in size. That is the reason for having to actually operate and not just getting it out under a local. If only...

I was supposed to have my operation in the beginning of September but at my preop ended up getting sick so I was advised that I was back on the waiting list. I doubted that I would be operated on before the year was out.

Due to some lovely Federal Government funding going into elective surgery, I was called up last week and told that I had won Lottery. The operation kind...

So at the moment I am trying really hard to stay away from sick people. That is always hard when the seasons are changing as they are at the moment. My operation is on Friday at this point in time. Glad I didn't have to go for the preop again as I didn't want to get sick again. Just in case...

I will certainly be out of action for a little while, during recovery time but am hoping that the 10% chance of it reoccurring will not apply to this hand. Will be fun mastering brushing my teeth with my left hand. lol

Cheers Damaris

No comments: