Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dust Storm Ahoy...

Lesley Park, Warwick at 10am with Dust Storm in the background...

Well yesterday would not have been very pleasant for many of us living in the South East Queensland and Sydney, New South Wales areas...

Got up in the morning and saw this white stuff coming across the sky. Then it was all around us and I said to Russell: "Best just shut all the windows..." There was a terrific lot of wind that came with the dust and soon it was everywhere.

I am rather glad that I have a brick home as a wooden home would have had the small dust particles everywhere inside as well as outside. That was not a hassle at this home as we kept everything shut up all day.

The sky soon turned from white to cream and then to brown. That way it stayed all day. The wind also continued and yesterday, I am afraid it would not have mattered if you were a smoker or not. The choking feeling of the dust was quite horrible.

The boys were over it by lunchtime off course. In Timothy's mind the storm had been around for WAY too long and he kept asking when it would just go away. Joshua was having a few problems with his breathing as he has anyway and this didn't help at all. He survived though.
Yesterday was the first time that I drove my car into town since my operation and I wish I had of picked a better day but couldn't get out of it. The boys have been attending a Beginners Class in Pottery and there was no way that they were missing out on the last day. They have had so much fun and will have their work fired in the kiln and then will have to glaze their artworks and then eventually, after another lot of firing the masterpieces will come home. They can't wait for that... Neither can I.

Must say I was rather happy to see the sun out this morning and hardly a blade of grass moving as there was hardly any wind. Happy days...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: