Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let's Sing...

Maryvale SS and Leyburn SS performing their song.
Combined schools performing their three songs...

Last Tuesday the boys had the opportunity, along with their whole school, to perform in front of a few hundred people. There were about 11 schools from the Warwick area that performed their own songs as well as three songs that were performed all together. What a feat. There were soooo many children.

The day started at 9am and had them practicing their songs till 2:30pm. Then they had a break. During that time I took the boys to Lesley Park, Queen's Park for some exercising on the equipment that the council has provided and dinner at McDonald's. It was a real treat.

We went to the night time performance and I was able to get front row seats which was really nice for me. Our school did their performance fourth and joined in with another school. I must say that I was really proud of them.

I even rang up Russell during their song so that he could hear them sing. Was my way of having him there and not two hours drive away...

The whole day ended at 8:45pm and then we made a mad dash home, without speeding off course, to ensure that the chooks, ducks and guinea fowl were shut up for the night. We have had foxes hanging around menacing the area and didn't want to lose more stock to them.

All was fine and good and we went to bed really quickly. Timothy did fall asleep while the first combined schools song was being sung. Don't know why he wasn't woken up but he was so upset about it as it was a Japanese song that he had really wanted to sing and had been practicing so hard for it. I realised during the second song that I couldn't see him anywhere and went over to him and encouraged him to jump in for the last song. That he did and he was rather excited about that.

What a long day. I must admit I am glad that this day out doesn't happen every year... It was a little too much and there were a number of children that were yawning, including Joshua, during the songs... But they all had a great time and a wonderful audience of parents and grandparents...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: