Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Operation update...

My three incisions...

Well Friday came and went and I was supposed to be in there and second on the surgery list (2pm) but equipment had to be cleaned and then cool down so I didn't make it into surgery until 4pm. I ended up having to wake up in a ward as Day Procedures Unit was shutting before I had had a chance to eat anything.

We ended up getting home at 9:30pm. I was happy to hit my head on my pillow that is for sure. As I understand it the surgery took 1 hour and they made three incisions. A scope was also used to locate the ganglion. It was removed which I am most pleased about. Doing the surgery this way means a little longer recovery time but at least there should not be any stiffness in my wrist in the future. I am back to typing with both hands this morning but still can't do alot of things.

I am rather fortunate to have Russell home for the week. He has been my hands and doing a fantastic job at that as well. Oh and the dinners, just Divine...

While my wrist is still very swollen and the cuts are still open the internal stitching will all hopefully heal soon. I am driving into Warwick tomorrow so hopefully will be ok. In the meantime, Panadine Forte is a great friend of mine that is helping me though the ouchy bits.

Cheers Damaris

2 comments:

Paddy said...

Hi Damaris,

I hope your wrist heals quickly. I had a ganglion removed about 15 or so years ago. It was the best thing I ever did. I was in so much pain and my wrist was soooooo weak. They didn't do keyhole surgery like yours then, I've got a 1 cm scar. You won't regret having it done.
I have been following your blog for a little while now, I really admire you and your family. We purchased and built our own home on 5 acres just over 5 years ago. But We are planning on moving further south (I live in Perth WA)buying a bit more land and hopefully living a more self sufficient lifestyle. Our land is zoned Special Rural so we are restricted on any animals we would like to run. I do have chooks and a lovely vege garden and a young fruit orchard here but I want more :) We are looking at setting up an Aquaculture system as I am sick and tired of having to hunt for Australian fish at a reasonable price. I'm lucky I work in a high school and we run a Horticulture course, the teacher has set up a Aquaculture system at school and she has a Aquaponics system at home. She has offered to help us all she can, lucky me :)
Paddy

Dalinz said...

Hi Paddy,

As I do less with my hand to let it heal, I am in agreement with you but can't wait to get my mobility back. Too much to do lol.
Oh I love your Aquaculture venture. I hope it all works out for you. I looked into that at one stage but we have such a lack of water out here that I only run the bore when I need to get water to the animals or for the vegies/trees. You are lucky to have all the info at your school. Well done. Let me know how you go.

Cheers Damaris